Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Weekend

Thanks for all the comments on the tidy –up. But be warned, that is only one closet. And after looking at it, I can’t believe I actually put it on the net. My mother would be aghast. Although she did say, “You have everything you need for retirement”.

We visited her in Myrtle Beach this weekend. And for the most part the weather was glorious. There are no fabric stores and I didn’t get a chance to get to either yarn shop. BUT, before we left we went to Sam’s Warehouse in Fairfax. They have an advertised Going Out of Business Sale. This visit was so not my fault. DH saw the ad and pointed it out to me. 100% woolen fabrics $4 a yard. When he picked me up Thursday afternoon, since it was later than we’d planned to leave and he hadn’t eaten all day, I suggested, we skip the visit. He said. “No, they may be gone soon”. The first time I got in line, he said he hadn’t sat in traffic for over an hour just for me to just spend $x. So with such provocation, what’s a woman to do? Here’s what I bought.

This looks and feels like a linen blend. I think I have enough for 3 pieces.



A sheath dress and jacket:



Another suit:



Pants for DHH. A 1st for me.



Pants for me:



A Michelle Obama-esque coat and dress:



I'm not sure yet. I just liked it.




Sam’s Warehouse, Fairfax, VA. Fabric is in pieces, but they will cut it for you.They give generous cuts. I got roughly 5 – 10% more on each cut. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

On a related note re: the stewardship post. DH notwithstanding I only spent money I’d budgeted for the trip. It wasn’t as hard as I thought.

4 comments:

Towanda said...

Your DH is a keeper. Great haul. I'm glad that you had a nice weekend.

cici said...

What lovely fabrics. I see lots of sewing in your future. Now you have more to add to your closet.

Sheila said...

Fabulous load of fabric.

Jackie said...

Those are great fabrics expecially the one that has inspired you to make a Michelle Obama type coat & dress. I have a couple of pieces of fabric in my stash that is very similar. I can't wait to see what you make of it.