Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Real Post!

     Finally, everything aligned.  Camera, computer, something to say and time! Whee!!

    I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and are continuing to enjoy the holidays.  I spent the day with my mother and sibs in Myrtle Beach.  Harold was here with his daughter.  We were both happy!  I just realized how that sounded, but we really were.  This year I really wanted to be with my mother and late Friday it all worked out that I was able to go.  Harold hates short car trips.  I grew up doing this trip.  On more than one occasion we've driven down, just to turn around and come back the next day.  Multiple drivers make the trip relatively easy.


     Shop samples are done and in the shop.  Participants are signing up and I'm getting psyched!  I was also asked to work in the shop and I considered it for a week.  I was reluctant to give up a day even though most days I'm home.  I'm having so much fun, I told Harold today that they pay me to drive to the shop.

Camille shawl:


Tusculum cowl:



Skaoi fingerless gloves:



Diamond Ridges hat:



Drops Crochet jacket:




    All patterns are in Ravelry.  The most challenging was the hat.  It was difficult to understand the pattern as written and I couldn't figure out how to chart it.  I finally sat down and deleted all the parenthetical remarks and I was finally able to "see" it.

   I spend way too much time on Ravelry. Now though I call it research for my classes! VBG!!  There's a group that recycles thrift store sweaters for yarn.  I need more yarn like I need another hole in my head, but I was intrigued.  In a later post I'll show you some of my finds. I've spent less than $50, but I've gotten loads more yarn.  I can't use most of it for samples, but I'm sure I'll find a use for it.

    That's it for now.  Unless we go to church, we'll most likely be home New Year's Eve.  We'll probably put in a movie, and fall asleep!  If I don't get back I wish each of you the Happiest New Year!  Thank you so much for being a part of my journey.



TTYL,

Melodye

P.S.  Harold says this sounds as if I'm logging off for good.  God willing, I'll be back.  See ya!!!

Melodye

4 comments:

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Glad you paid a visit to your Mom,I'm sure she was happy you came..Hope you don't take to long to get back to your blog...Have a Happy New Year..try and keep Harold awake until it comes in :o)

Beverly said...

I'm sure your mom was thrilled to see you. We did turnaround trips to Manhattan we my great-grandmother and grandmother were living.

Happy New Year! Looking forward to hear from you in 2012.

Araignee said...

Happy New Year! I am sending you some wooly wishes for a wonderful 2012!

Sharon said...

Family. That's my vote for New Years Eve. Happy New Years Melodye. I'll be watching for where that $50 shows up, or did I read that wrong???