Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Finished Objects and a New WIP

It's been a minute but I've been busy with needles, hooks and life in general.  I hurt my back doing nothing and my sister fell down her steps and injured her knee.  That has been saga but she seems to be on the mend.

Both hats have been frogged.  I had to be honest with myself.  As long as my hair is natural I'm not going to wear hats.   I could have put them in the charity box but didn't think of it until after I'd frogged them.  The shawl made from the Homespun has been finished and donated to a friend's Prayer Shawl Ministry.  I've made good progress on the Forest Canopy shawl and frogged my mother's shawl. For some reason I just couldn't get into the rhythm of the pattern.  I think I'll try a feather and fan variation for that one.

I have started a big project.  It will be my birthday dress.  I don't know where I'm going or what I'm doing.  I may just put it on and wear it around the house, but I'm making to celebrate.  It's the Lily Chin Lace dress and I've wanted to make it since the first time I saw it.  I'm using Brown Sheep Cotton Fine.  I ordered it from the Sheep Shed Studio with excellent results.  I ordered it late Thursday, April 3 and it was on my doorstep Monday, April 7.  It's the first time I've used them, but it won't be the last. I ordered cones instead of skeins so I won't have as many ends to weave it.  I'm also loving this yarn.  It's the perfect weight for crocheted garments and is a joy to work with.

TTYL,

Melodye

No comments: