Saturday, October 11, 2014

Finished Object - Forest Canopy Shawl

Another finished object!! This also counts toward the goal of finish or frog it.  Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

I started this last year with the thought of giving it to my youngest daughter.  Her birthday is Monday so I got it finished in time.

I bought the yarn at Maryland Sheep and Wool and I got it because the dyer's name and my oldest daughter have the same name.  It's by Aisha Cecelia Designs and I love the yarn. Unfortunately, the dyer is no longer in business.  While the name is my oldest the colors definitely belong to the youngest. 

It's the Forest Canopy Shawl and is available on Ravelry.  It's a great pattern but for some reason there were times when I could only make it through 2 rows of the pattern before I'd make stupid mistakes and had to rip. It finished smaller than I thought it would but I blocked it hard and it almost doubled in size.

I used my ChiaGoo red lace needles and love them almost more than I do my Signature needles at 1/3 the price.  They've got a nice, sharp tip and the join is smooth.

 
TTYL,
Melodye

1 comment:

Araignee said...

Congrats on the finish! I've had that pattern in my queue forever. It's really lovely. Blocking lace is one of my favorite things about knitting. It's like a miracle. I've been re-blocking all my old shawls and it's just as amazing to see how they change with just a little water and tension.