Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015!

And don't let the door knob hit you on your way out! This has been our most challenging year health wise since 2007. That year, I had my kidney transplant (2 hospitalizations), my mother had  multi-bypass heart surgery and my father died. I've spent so much time in hospitals this year, I can tell you which day the cafeteria has the best food, the days the best nurse/tech teams work, where to get the best parking at any time of the day, and where the short cuts through the hospital are located.

On the up side I did get more knitting and crocheting done than I'd realized. I got 40 hats done for our church's hat ministry. My goal was to get one hat done for each week since we started. We started meeting in April and we turned them in December 1.

I knit 2 Sundry's. I rarely knit or crochet anything twice because there are so many patterns I want to make but this one is fun and addicting.  I'm seriously considering a third. I have a Zauberball in shades of black and grey that I'd like to combine with red or black.

I wrote my first crochet pattern for sale, although it's not published yet. I hope to release it early next year.

I used my knitting machine to make 3 Rayures for my sisters for Christmas.  It's a fun pattern and takes very little time using the machine. All that stockinette by hand would have driven me crazy.  I used Michael's Loops and Threads Woolike. I love this yarn. It's size 1 with a generous 678 yards per skein. It an 85/15 acrylic-nylon blend and looks and feels like wool. It's also less than $3.00 per skein.  Each scarf uses very little yarn so I've got plans to make a few more.

I no longer work or teach at the shop and I miss it, but I doubt that in the near term life is going to ease up enough to allow me to return.

Tomorrow, I'll get pics up for this post.

Harold and I wish you a healthy Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Happy Healthy 2016 to both of you too

Araignee said...

Sometimes life just goes that way but you seem to have had more than your share lady. I'm hoping it all settles down for you. Being in a rut is my goal for 2016. I want quiet, calm and peace with plenty of time to do the things I want to do for a change. If my couch doesn't have an imprint of my behind by 2017 I will not be happy. Best wishes in the New Year!!!!

Tanya said...

I whole heartly agree with you 2015 has been a very trying year. I broke my ankle in April, had several very expensive house repairs and on December 9th I lost my Father and had to spend the very first ever Christmas away from my children and grandchildren so goodbye and good riddens to 2015. I wish you and your family all the best in 2016.

Robin said...

“Through many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come; 'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far, And grace will lead me home” John Newton. Healthy and Happy 2016.

Spinster Beth said...

I'm so story to hear about your rotten year, especially the loss of your dad. I hope 2016 makes up for its predecessor's bad behavior.