Monday, April 5, 2021

And so it Begins!

 The contractor started work this morning. He completed a lot of the demo and I love what I see so far. We are cautiously optimistic about the floors. He removed the carpet in the master. With the exception of the staples that floor looks good. He was only able to remove a part of the carpet in the living room and dining room. They look great so far. I don’t understand why anyone would carpet such beautiful floors, though I may find out tomorrow. 

As promised pics:

Kitchen viewed from family room:

After: 


Before:

No more horrendous pink, laminate countertops.


The kitchen was papered with this truly horrible wallpaper. Removing it was my first project. It was as hard to take down as it was ugly:




The remaining 2x4 s will come down, but there will be an encased column at the far right. That particular stud is load bearing. 

This is the portion of the floor that has been uncovered:
All in all a good day.



No comments: