Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Older Posts

I wrote this in Word, but failed to post it here. I will get the hang of posting to this blog, I really will!

7-14-08

I’ve been working at home for a couple of weeks now. One of the upsides is that no one knows what you’re wearing. However, I’ve got to go into the office tomorrow for a meeting. What to wear, what to wear, what to wear. When I have a meeting unless it’s suit, I don’t wear pants. There’s no dress code, but it’s a quirk of mine. I bought a dress and a shrug a couple of weeks ago. But now shoes are a problem and shopping is not an option. I really don’t like wearing flats, especially with dresses, but the chic blue boot makes that impossible. I’ll have to go look in the closet. Maybe the shoe fairy heard of my predicament and left me a pair. A girl can dream.

On the sewing front, still nothing for me. But on Artisans Square this morning Carolyn posted a new dress. I really like her style. She makes timeless, classical pieces that she can wear forever. She has also developed several tried and true patterns. She can then change or incorporate details so that unless you really look hard it’s difficult to tell that she uses the same pattern. Jackie O’s designers did the same thing. If you can get a copy of the exhibition catalog, “Jacqueline Kennedy: The White House Years” , you see the same thing over and over. If it’s good enough for Jackie O, it good enough for me.

TTYL

No comments: