Friday, February 6, 2009

Recipe

In keeping with the last post, here’s a recipe I’ve made them a couple of times in the last few weeks.

Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins

1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 egg
1/3 cup of milk
1 small can corn, drained
Jalapeno peppers

Put the corn, jalapeno peppers and mix in a small bowl. Stir well. Do not skip this step. It keeps the corn and peppers from settling on the bottom of the muffins. Add egg and milk. I use sour milk as I often have it on hand. I think it makes baked goods lighter. Let sit 3 – 4 minutes. Pour into greased muffin tins. Bake as directed.

Note: I can’t tell you how many jalapeno peppers to add. I used the sliced peppers in a jar and add cut up enough until it looks right. I’d guesstimate about ¾ cup.

This makes 6 regular muffins or about 30 mini muffins. For parties I make the mini muffins and serve them in basket with a pretty napkin.

These freeze well. Bake in advance, freeze after they are cool. Thaw and serve as needed.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Towanda said...

This is the second time in two days that I saw a recipe for these muffins. I'll try your recipe this weekend since I already have Jiffy mix.