Friday, February 6, 2009

Stewardship

I started this blog, because I was concerned about waste. I have the room, the supplies but I wasn’t getting anything done. It is a waste of resources and I believe it’s a sin not to be good a steward over what God has given you. The older I get the more I realize that resources equal everything in your life. Relationships, material things, money, you name it. My sewing room in so cramped, I have no idea what I have. I have duplicates of things I’ve bought because I couldn’t find the original. And while it is true that I didn’t spend money I couldn’t afford, there were probably other things I could have done with it. My retirement date is April 6, 2012. There, I’ve said it. It’s out there. I’ll have a relatively decent retirement income. I don’t think I’ll have to go back to work, but I’ll have to be a bit frugal and I may as well start now. I established some goals this week, financial and otherwise, and to accomplish them, I’m going to have to prioritize my spending. That means no more buying duplicates because I can’t find what I’ve bought. And not buying stuff just because. And, for me this is big, not eating out so often. Going back to planning meals, eating at home, cooking on the weekends. Ugh. If I start now, it won’t be that much of a shock when I retire. Except for the cooking part, it shouldn’t be that much of a shock. Y’all stay tuned; it’s going to be fun ride.

TTYL

No comments: