Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's hard

to write a blog post when you're not doing anything to blog about. I'm knitting, but neither piece looks like anything so there's no need to show them.

I'm sewing but I'm only doing alterations on some things for my niece.

I could blog about the Royal Wedding wedding, but what else is there to say? I loved the dresses, but adored the hats, even the fascinators. I really wish we as a society would move away from casual dress all the time. It's appropriate to dress up as yesterday showed. I'm tired of going to church, to funerals, the theater, fancy restaurants and seeing jeans and tennis shoes. I love my jeans, but there is a time and a place.

It's still too iffy to work in the yard. I'd like to have a larger garden, but I refuse to the feed the 6-foot tall rats in the neighborhood. Alright, they're actually deer but the sentiment is the same!

I did pick up two fleeces last week for $10 each, but because of the weather, I haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

So not to end this post on a down note, here is a picture of our royal couple. Thanks so much for all the well wishes. I passed them on the happy couple. Debbie, we didn't have time to make the decisions you have to make. They were married in their church, the reception was held in their home. Dresses were bought from Macy's on line (on sale!) and shoes were from Zappos. DH did the photos, I did the programs and acted as coordinator. The parents took care of the food. One attendant each. It was nice and simple just as they wanted. I'm sure that if they'd waited until next summer it would have been a lot more complicated. I will say that she was the calmest bride I've ever seen. Nothing bothered her! Or him either for that matter. In the end, they just wanted to wind up married to each other. Everything else was just small stuff. Without further ado:

3 comments:

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

What do you mean you didn't have anything worth posting! I think you did a great job with this one :o), If it were me I would have milked it more :o) As far as the deer , that's no excuse! there is deer netting that you can use! Haven't you been reading the blogs? (or mine for that matter). Look and think again, it means more work, but you will get more pleasure. The expense of the Row hoops will make you cringe in the beginning but smile at the dinner table...Girl don't get me started on you with that pity crap. (guess I told you).

Sheila said...

That was a post full and worth reading... Congrats again to the beautiful couple.

Tanya said...

Simple is good, they make a lovely couple and I would have to say well worth a post. Thanks for sharing.