In November 2012 a woman came into the shop wearing this and was making more for Christmas gifts. After talking to her, I realized that I had the pattern home.
This has been in time out for over a year and once I restarted it, I remembered why. I messed up buying the yarn. I bought 2 of one weight and 1 of another weight. I was unable to find a match for either weight. I tried splitting the heavier weight into 2 plies, but it didn't work. Once I remembered the problem, I was faced with two choices: frog or finish. I really wanted to wear this. So channeling Tim Gunn, I had to "make it work". I rummaged in the stash and found the black Encore. I doubled it and it worked well. I made one mistake. The collar is supposed to be a 1 x 2 rib, but I continued the 2 x2 rib from the body, By the time I realized it, I decided that done was better than perfect and finished it.
I'm looking forward to wearing it. This winter has been brutal and layers are welcomed. I tried to find this pattern on Ravelry as "Belgium Bolero" but didn't find it until I searched "Belgian Bolero". In my defense the pattern is named the former. All it all it was relatively quick knit and I would have finished much earlier if I done as I tell the customers in the shop, CHECK THE LABEL!
I really dislike making the same thing more than once, but I may do this one as my sister has asked for one and I do like it.
Please don't let this level of output this month impress you. I picked the low hanging fruit. There will be a lot fewer next month.
That's all from this side of the screen.