Friday, August 31, 2018

Sock No More

I hate knitting socks. It's really ironic as knitting socks is what brought me back to knitting. I saw a woman knitting two socks at one time and I thought, "I can do this". And I can, but I hate it. My first pair of socks: Diamante by Deb Barnhill, available on Ravelry. Two at a time, toe up.

  

My second pair, no pattern Two by two rib, Sweet Tomato heel:



My third pair. I knit these to prove, I really hated knitting socks.


A glutton for punishment.  Tracy of the Grocery Girls podcast knit these and I fell hard. My sister liked them too, and asked for a pair. I knew I would never knit them again and gave them to her without a second thought. Fair Isle Flower socks:





Friends kept telling to try another pair, surely I'd get over my antipathy. I knit these for Harold. Nope, antipathy still intact.




But idiot that I am, I thought I'd knit a pair for my daughter. I hate everything about these socks. I've come to admit, I'm never going to finish them. But for some reason, I can't bring myself to frog them.

I have several sock knitting books and my Ravelry library has loads of sock patterns. They are destined to remain unknit forever. Life's too short to knit what you hate.

TTYL,

Melodye

No comments: