Monday, September 3, 2018

Result #1

Ill fated first tries:





The swatch. I thought I had one that was flat. You can see from this pic why you can't measure on the machine. The white bar and clips at the bottom are weights. Also see how the sides curl:




The first result:






         It fits, but it's a little too big. With the next one, I'll go down a size. Knitting a hat this way may be quicker, but not quick. I can crochet a hat in just about an hour. It takes me 3 -4 hours to knit a hat, but I'm a slow knitter.  This took about 3 hours, but it's the first one in a while. It's not so much the knitting, but it's the finishing. With a hand knit hat, once I'm finished, I weave a couple of ends and that's it. Here, I knit flat panels which need to be seamed. When I knit the original hats, I did the mattress stitch. This one I seamed on the machine. It leaves a visible seam, but it's wearable and will be warm. I've got enough yarn for two more and they will go in the charity basket.

TTYL,

Melodye


No comments: