Thursday, April 8, 2021

Day 3 and a Plan

 Electrical completed and plumbing has begun. One of the saving graces of having a small kitchen is that there aren’t a lot of options when it comes to remodeling. We’re taking down the wall, putting in an island, but moving that back about 15 inches. The sink is going into the island. Pics today aren’t spectacular, but here there are:


One there a couple more things that are happening as a result of this reno. Harold is moving his office upstairs to the old yarn cozy. Yes, the yarn had a room of its own. You work in a yarn shop, have easy access to Maryland Sheep and Wool, you have yarn. I bought a beautiful armoire and put it into the smallest bedroom. I tried to put it into the sewing room, but it just wouldn’t fit. The knitting machines, spinning wheels and some fiber were in there as well. His room needs some electrical work and paint.

With Harold upstairs, I’ll have the original sewing room, his old office and the foyer that connects the two.  There’ll be a bit of juggling but with the added space, the armoire will go into the sewing room, the pattern cabinet will move into the foyer. The fiber will go into the closet in the old office. I hope to add a new embroidery machine to the foyer and a long arm into the old office. The new equipment won’t happen all at once, but it’s in the nix.

Now for the plan. I started quilting in the 80s. This was the first full sized quilt I started. I hand pieced the “gardens” by carrying the hexagons around in baggies for years. Doctor’s offices, dance lessons, business trips, you name it. I’ve long since lost my notes, but I think I finished piecing it in 1987. Sometime in the 90s I began quilting it. I plan to work on this in the evenings. Tuesday night I took advantage of an empty house and photographed it. I also counted to see how close I was to being finished. If you’d asked me I’d have said at least half way. Not even close. Somewhere between 1/4 - 1/3 done. There are a total of 77 gardens plus their associated paths. I’ve fully completed 18. If I quilt 2 garden and their paths a week, I can hopefully have it finished by the end of the year. I’m known for having crafting adhd, so here’s hoping I can keep it up. 

Pics:


The back:
Have good one!

No comments: