Friday, April 9, 2021

Dry Wall is Up and Furniture

 Dry wall is actually up. At this rate he’ll be finished week after next. After 22 years, a kitchen I can actually like. I’m concerned the cabinets will be too dark, but it’s too late to stress about it now.

 

But the second part of the title, wow! We’ve lived with a mix of hand me dow, hand me over and DIY furniture for years. I’m sick and tired of it. Now is the perfect time to get new. We like mostly traditional furniture. You’d think it would be easy, wouldn’t you? If I’ve been to one store, I’ve been to a dozen. The same furniture over and over unless we really like it. Then it doesn’t come in king size. We’re going to pay for it, we may as well like it! Our room is a generous size, but:
   1, There are no walls without interruptions. Doors or windows on each wall. One wall has double folding closet doors and the door to our bathroom;
   2.  a. 55” television; and
   3.  a king sized bed.

Since the wall opposite the closet is the longest wall, I’d like to center the bed on the opposite wall. If we could find a bed with a low profile headboard, no problem. A high  profile bed is going to cover part of the window. Not ideal, but we’ll live with it. The tv will be mounted on the wall opposite the entrance to our room. Harold’s armoire goes on the wall across from the tv. Since the bed has storage, I’m going to try to get along without additional storage, but I would like to add a mirrored jewelry cabinet over a small vanity.  I’m taking it a piece at a time, so we’ll see how it goes. Here’s the rug:


See you tomorrow!




No comments: