Friday, December 28, 2007

I don’t normally make New Year’s Resolutions, but with all that has happened this year, I think I need a way to focus next year. Nothing grand or glorious, but a start.

1. Complete one item each month. I thought about something innocuous such as “sew more”, but that’s just too vague. By completing one item each month there’s flexibility, but also a specific, measurable goal. I can knit, sew or quilt.
2. Call my mother more often.
3. This is more a lifestyle choice. Since the transplant, I’ve gained over thirty pounds. IT’S GOT TO GO. I don’t like the way I look or feel, not to mention that nothing fits. I’ve never had a weight problem in my life and I’m not going to start now. I’ll be using a combination of Volumetrics and the DASH diet. I’ve got to add an exercise component. I’d prefer going to a gym, but we’ve got all that exercise equipment at the house. I’m going to look for a treadmill on Craigslist.

That’s it nothing earth shattering and it’s doable.

No comments: